Installing Cat Flaps into uPVC Doors
Dog and Cat Door Installation in the UK
You want your pets to be as comfortable as possible. When it comes to UK dog and cat door installation, you want to be sure that you’re getting the best possible products and services. At Pet Flaps UK, we offer a wide range of high-quality cat flaps for installation into uPVC door panels, so you can be sure your pet has a comfortable, safe place to enter and exit your home. Contact us today to learn more about our dog and cat door installation in the United Kingdom.
What Are uPVC Door Panels?
uPVC door panels are a type of door panel made from uPVC, or unplasticized polyvinyl chloride. This type of material is often used in the construction of windows and doors because it is durable and low maintenance. uPVC door panels are an ideal option for pet owners because they are easy to clean and maintain.
uPVC door panels are ideal for glass doors which are narrower than 360 mm. A short uPVC panel is installed in the door to provide the proper support for the dog or cat door. With the extra support of a uPVC panel, we can actually install a cat or dog door into a space as narrow as 21.5 cm.
The Benefits of a Pet Flap in a uPVC Door Panel
- Safety: There are many benefits to installing a pet flap in your uPVC door panel. First and foremost, it provides a safe and convenient way for your pet to enter and exit your home. No more worrying about them getting out when you forget to close the door!
- Insulation: Another great benefit of installing a pet flap in your uPVC door panel is that it can help to keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer. By sealing up the space around your door, you can prevent drafts from coming in and heat or air conditioning from escaping. This can help to reduce your energy bills and make your home more comfortable year-round.
- No remodeling: Using a uPVC door panel allows you to install a cat or dog door without having to put a hole in your door or wall. This can be a great option if you’re renting your home or don’t want to permanently alter the structure of your door.
- Prevents other animals from entering: A microchip activated pet flap in your uPVC door panel will only allow animals that have the proper identification tag to enter. This helps to keep out stray animals, pests, and other critters that you may not want in your home.
The Cat Flap Into uPVC Door Panel Process
- Initial Assessment: Often there is no need for us to come to your home to assess the door and take measurements. Your measurements and a couple of photos is usually enough for us to assess if your door is suitable for a replacement uPVC panel. You’ll get a quote for your project.
- Installation: Once the new panel is ready, we will schedule a time to come and install it. We will remove your old door panel and replace it with the new one. Then, we will install the pet flap of your choice.
- Follow-Up: We will check in with you after the installation to make sure you and your pet are happy with the new pet flap.
Contact Us Today for Pet Flaps in the UK
If you’re looking for high-quality, professional pet flaps in the UK, you can trust Pet Flaps UK. We offer a wide range of cat flaps and dog doors to meet your needs. Contact us today to schedule an initial assessment. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have and provide you with a quote.
Pet-Tek Cat Flap
All thin panels of wood, metal, composite, and PVC construction are designed to fit this beautiful Catwalk® Wood Fitting Cat Door. Due to its low profile tunnel it will fit all panels from 11mm -30mm.
This pet door is designed for small dogs and larger cats and ideal for uPVC Doors. This is the only manufacturer to have a microchipped flap that can be used by small dogs. Instead of utilising a physical lock, this pet door features a timer function that you may set for curfews.
Pet-Tek Dog Door
This stylish Dogwalk Dog Door has been built to accommodate all thin composite, wood, metal, and uPVC panels. Its tunnel design allows it to accommodate all doors and panels between 11 and 30 millimetres.